VIKING Coastal Life Raft 4 Person Low Profile Container
Coastal Life Raft 4 Person Low Profile Container
*Recommended for commercial use only. For recreational applications
please consider VIKING's RescYou series.
US Coast Guard Approved IBA and Liferaft Solution for Vessels Operating in
US Coastal Waters.
USCG Change in Regulations
USCG has stipulated that as of 26 February 2016 all commercial vessels
sailing in US coastal waters must have an approved survival craft onboard
that ensures no part of an individual is immersed in water. This means that
basic life floats and similar systems must be phased out and replaced by
approved craft in order for the vessel to meet the new requirement.
The VIKING IBA and Coastal Liferafts are both approved according to the new
regulation. However, there can be certain situations where the Coastal
Liferaft would be a better choice, for example if operations involve cold
waters with exceptionally bad weather.The insulated floor and a canopy
provide additional protection against the elements. The IBA is designed for
fair weather where quick rescue is expected.
- Ideal for cold water and foul weather conditions
- Heavy duty, durable natural rubber
- Compact and portable
- Fiberglass container with galvanized cradle
- 4 ballast bags for stability
- Award winning, easy access boarding ramp
- Double canopy
- Independent buoyancy chambers with an insulated floor
- Secure canopy closure
- Extra large opening
- Weight: 79 Lbs
- Dimensions: 32" x 22" x 13"
- Capacity - Persons: 4
- Near Shore/Offshore: Near Shore
- USCG Approved: Yes