- 1/3 Cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (good quality olive oil make a difference)
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of ripe Grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 Cup diced Κalamata Οlives
- 2 TBS capers, drained & rinsed
- 2 pounds Mako Shark steaks
- One medium size Zucchini Squash
- Soak raisins in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft (7-10 min).
- Stir in raisins, tomatoes, olives and capers. In an open pan, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place in a lightly oiled baking dish and cover with the 1/2 of the cooked sauce. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until steaks flake with a fork. Be careful not to over cook.
- While steaks are cooking shred the Zucchini Squash into pasta strips and fold into the remaining sauce. Cook until the pasta strips are tender, 12 to 15 min.
- Plate by placing the Zucchini Squash pasta on the plate and overlay the Mako Steak.