Orion Electronic SOS Beacon Locator Kit
Electronic SOS Beacon Locator Kit
Beacon complies with all US Coast Guard requirements for "Night Vision Distress Signals" as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013.
Flag complies with US Coast Guard Requirements in 33 CFR 175.130 for Daytime Signaling.
- Flashes bright SOS distress signal in Morse Code
- Duration: Flashes 2x longer than USCG continuous run-time requirement
- Brightness: Maintains constant light intensity 2.5x longer than USCG requirement
- Light source extends 4" above waterline increasing visibility
- Waterproof easy and intuitive On/Off switch
- SOLAS Grade reflective tape at waterline
- Double O-ring closure
- Multiple deployment options - floatable, handheld and hanging
- Low battery indicator function - when turned on unit will quick flash for 5 seconds if batteries need replaced
- Requires 2 D-cell batteries (not included)
- Encapsulated micro processor electronics
- High impact, high visibility orange ABS plastic unibody construction
- Independently tested by US Coast Guard Approved Lab
- Packed in a reusable storage container
- USCG Approved orange distress flag (included)
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.